* Since March 14, 2020, visits to hospitals, long-term care facilities (CHSLD), intermediate resources, family-type resources and private seniors’ residences have been prohibited to protect vulnerable individuals and health care workers. As a result, volunteer activities are suspended in all our facilities until further notice.
Do you want to get involved in the community, contribute, share, learn new things, make a difference? Don’t wait any longer; join our 2 000 volunteers today!
Volunteering offers many opportunities, such as:
- Assisting members of the community at home, in hospital, in a day centre or residential care centre.
- Contributing to special events by helping with logistics, welcoming the public, hosting leisure activities, working at our various boutiques, preparing Christmas baskets, supporting fund raising activities, etc.
- Providing information, interacting with people, doing direct prevention work through the distribution of materials, and guiding clients toward various resources.
- Do you have administrative skills? Help us with office work like updating contact lists, sorting, filing, data entry, etc.
- Are you an artist at heart? Come strum a guitar, draw, paint, tell stories, knit, or even dance with our patients!
The possibilities are endless with a clientele aged 0 to 100 years and a wide range of services!
Consult the following pamphlets for more information on our installations.
Support for Elderly Autonomy Program
- Grace Dart Extended Care Centre
- Ste. Anne’s Hospital
- Centre d’hébergement Denis-Benjamin-Viger
- Centres d’hébergement de Dorval, de LaSalle, de Lachine et Nazaire-Piché
Readaptation/Physical Disability/Intellectual Disability
Some important points to keep in mind:
- All our volunteers must undergo background checks;
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session;
- Your skills, interests, place of residence, and availability are taken into consideration
- when matching you with another volunteer.
To submit your application, download the application form here, and send it to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Volunteer Services - Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Porteous Pavilion - Local K3318.1, 6875, boul. LaSalle, Montréal, (Quebec) H4H 1R3
We will contact you shortly.
For more information, contact us at 514-761-6131, extension 2769.