Our users committees protect the rights of all individuals who receive care and services from a health and social services institution in Quebec.
Within the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre, you may contact either the users committee for your facility or the Montréal West Island Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC) – the choice is yours.
The role of the users committees
All of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre users committees have a mandate to:
- Provide users with information about their rights and responsibilities.
- Promote quality of life improvements for users, and evaluate user satisfaction with the services received from the institution.
- Advocate for the individual and collective rights and interests of users in their dealings with the institution.
- Upon request, guide and assist users in their actions, including lodging a complaint, should the need arise.
ICUC Members (As of September 22, 2020)
President of the Montréal West Island ICUC
514 364-6700, extension 40227
President of the Centre d'hébergement Denis-Benjamin-Viger Residents' Committee
514 620-6310, extension 3752
President of the West Montreal Readaptation Centre Users' Committee
514 363-3025, poste 2422
President of the Douglas Mental Health University Institute Users' Committee
514 761-6131, extension 2282
President of the Grace Dart Extended Care Centre Users' Committee
514 255-2834, extension 3583
President of the Centre d'hébergement Nazaire-Piché Residents' Committee
514 637-2326, extension 60222
Member of the Centre d'hébergement de Dorval Residents' Committee
514 631-9094, extension 70226
Member of the Lakeshore General Hospital Users' Committee
514 630-2225, extension 1453
Member of the Centre d'hébergement de Lachine Residents' Committee
514 364-7161, extension 52276
If you’d like to contribute to improving users’ satisfaction and helping ensure their rights are respected, our users committees need you!
The roles and duties of members of the users committees are as follows:
- Provide users with information about their rights and responsibilities
- Help improve the quality of the care and services offered
- Guide users who request help
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the CHSLD residents committees.
If you’re interested in joining one of the committees, please contact us at 514-363-3025, ext. 8002, or at comite_des_usagers_CIUSSS_ODIM@ssss.gouv.qc.ca
Which users committee should I join?
The decision is yours. You can join a local users committee and/or the Montréal West Island Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC).
You’ll receive the same level of attention and respect regardless of which committee you choose.
What’s the difference between my local users committee and the Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC)?
The ICUC carries out the same functions as the local users committees.
However, in addition, it:
- coordinates and synchronizes the activities of all users and residents committees of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre ;
- represents all users in its dealings with Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre authorities. It also speaks for all users and local committees in its dealings with the:
- Board of Directors
- Vigilance and Quality Committee
- Risk Management Committee
What is the composition of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre users committee?
The Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC) is comprised of six members elected by the local users committees and five representatives elected by the local residents committees.
All committees are represented on the Integrated Centre users committee (ICUC).
Montreal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre Users Committee
Lachine (Quebec) H8R 1H2
514-363-3025, extension 8002
Douglas Mental Health University Institute Users Committee
Burgess Pavilion, Room D-0104
6875 LaSalle Boulevard
Montréal (Quebec) H4H 1R3
514-761-6131, extension 2286
Batshaw Youth and Family Centres Users Committee
5 Weredale Park
Montréal (Quebec) H3Z 1Y5
Grace Dart Extend Care Centre Users Committee
6085 Sherbrooke East
Montréal (Quebec) H1N 1C2
514-255-2833, extension 2278
West Montreal Readaptation Centre Users Committee
Beaconsfield (Quebec) H9W 2E2
514-363-3025, extension 2422
St. Mary’s Hospital Centre Users Committee
Montréal (Quebec) H3T 1M5
514-345-3511, extension 5050
West Island Facilites Users Committee
Lakeshore General Hospital • CLSC du Lac-Saint-Louis • CLSC de Pierrefonds •CHSLD Denis-Benjamin-Viger
Pointe-Claire (Quebec) H9R 2Y2
514-630-2225, extension 1453
Dorval-Lachine-LaSalle facilities Users Committee
Hôpital de LaSalle • CHSLD de Dorval • CHSLD de LaSalle • CHSLD Nazaire Piché • CHSLD de Lachine • CLSC de Dorval-Lachine • CLSC de LaSalle
8585, terrasse Champlain
LaSalle (Quebec) H8P 1C1
514-362-8000, extension 31987
Sainte-Anne’s Hospital Users Committee
305 des Anciens-Combattants boulevard
Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue (Quebec) H9X 1Y9
514-457-3440, extension 2259