Fin a quality job!
Become a beneficiary attendant by training in Institutional and Home Care Assistance. Join our dedicated healthcare team!
- Quick training
- 8 months’ duration
- Bursaries available
- Internships will take place within our facilities
- Guaranteed employment
- Provided job requirements are me
If you do not have your diploma but you have solid work experience, then the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) program is for you!
The Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition program is a process that lets you earn formal recognition of your competencies in a field of study.
Depending on your goals, it helps identify those stills you have mastered and you need to acquire. At the end of this process, the results are recorded in an official document (newsletter, certificate, transcript, diploma, etc.).
- Ihave 15 years’ experience. Will my experience be recognized automatically? To be recognized officially, each skill will need to be evaluated.
- Once my skills have been recognized, am I required to do the training for those skills I am missing for my diploma? If your goal is to obtain a diploma to work in the field, you will need to acquire those skills you are missing through this training program.
- Will my diploma be equivalent to that of someone who obtains their diploma by following the regular program? Yes. The diploma will attest that you have all the competencies required by the training program.
- How long will it take to have my skills recognized and complete training for the skills I am missing? There is no single answer to this question. Several factors can affect the answer, so it’s best to discuss it directly with a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition advisor at the school board of your choice.
You also qualify for MSSS bursaries!
Admissibility for Bursaries
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Québec;
- Enroll full-time Beneficiary Attendant training program at an educational facility recognized by Québec’s Ministry of Education (MELS);
- Commit to starting and completing the training program within the time frame specified by the educational facility;
- Obtain a confirmation of employment from Montréal West Island IUHSSC.
To Apply for a Bursary
Submit the following documents:
- A letter confirming that you have registered with the training program with a designated educational facility;
- The completed commitment form, available here;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Proof that you are a full-time student.
The application deadline is March 2, 2020.
Address your application to Alexandra Michaud (see ContactUssection).