- Institutional and Home Care Assistance
- CSS Marguerite-Bourgeoys, Kirkland
- Information and registration: https://www.inforoutefpt.org/offreSecDet.aspx?prog=5358&offre=81242&sanction=5&langue=en
- Application deadline: October 28, 2021
For more information, please visit the Centre de formation professionnelle des métiers de la santé website: https://metiersdelasante.centrecsmb.com/
If you do not have your diploma but you have solid work experience, then the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) program is for you!
The Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition program is a process that lets you earn formal recognition of your competencies in a field of study.
Depending on your goals, it helps identify those stills you have mastered and you need to acquire. At the end of this process, the results are recorded in an official document (newsletter, certificate, transcript, diploma, etc.).
- Ihave 15 years’ experience. Will my experience be recognized automatically? To be recognized officially, each skill will need to be evaluated.
- Once my skills have been recognized, am I required to do the training for those skills I am missing for my diploma? If your goal is to obtain a diploma to work in the field, you will need to acquire those skills you are missing through this training program.
- Will my diploma be equivalent to that of someone who obtains their diploma by following the regular program? Yes. The diploma will attest that you have all the competencies required by the training program.
- How long will it take to have my skills recognized and complete training for the skills I am missing? There is no single answer to this question. Several factors can affect the answer, so it’s best to discuss it directly with a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition advisor at the school board of your choice.