The Montréal West Island IUHSSC provides occupational therapy services in a number of physical health and mental health sectors. The aim is to promote independence, to help ensure a living environment that meets the needs and preferences of the person, to enable them to have a satisfactory quality of life, and to promote community integration and social participation.
Client groups: Seniors with loss of autonomy and individuals with physical limitations
- Home care: Maximize the safety and function of seniors who are losing their independence or who have physical disabilities. Evaluation and monitoring of individuals takes place in their living environment (home, retirement home, etc.)
- Post-acute care: rehabilitation and return home
- Intermediary resources
- Stimulation programs (often in a group environment) for children 0–5 years old with developmental delays, intellectual disabilities, or autism spectrum disorder
Client groups: Individuals with developmental delays, intellectual disabilities, or autism spectrum disorder
- Consultation with stakeholders and clinical teams involved (home support; intermediary, family-type, and continuous assistance residential resources; community or employment integration)
- Monitoring of stimulation and early intervention in a group setting (overall development delay 0–5 years old)
- Consultation services for parents of children aged 0–7 years old.
- Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec (OEQ)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Processus décisionnel soutenant l’évaluation en ergothérapie d’adultes et d’aînés présentant des incapacités cognitives ou perceptuelles (French only)
- Code of Ethics of Occupational Therapists
- Application of the Act to amend the Professional Code and other legislative provisions as regards the health sector
- Règlement sur la tenue des dossiers et des cabinets de consultation d’un membre de l’Ordre professionnel des ergothérapeutes du Québec (French only)
- Utilisation du Folstein ou Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE) dans les établissements de santé et de services sociaux (French only).
- Échelle d'évaluation de l'équilibre BERG (French only)
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA)
- Cognitive competency test (French only)
- Caractéristiques des aides à la mobilité motorisées (French only)
- Standardized Mini-Mental State Examination
- OT Approach to Evaluation of Cognition/Perception