Our Initiatives in Action!
Improving the safety of users, residents, visitors, families, and staff. Those are the priorities of our Infection Prevention and Control Department at the Montréal West Island IUHSSC. We rely on our experienced team of professionals to get it done.
- Protecting users, residents, visitors, families, and our staff against healthcare-related infections;
- Preventing the spread of bacteria and viruses.
Infection Control Initiatives:
- Epidemiological survey;
- Monitoring the nosocomial infection rate;
- Assessment of practices and equipment;
- Consultation, education, and training for staff;
- Multiple interventions.
We all have a part to play…
Staff members must:
- Wash their hands before and after each contact with users;
- Disinfect equipment between each user or resident;
- Keep areas for users and residents clean and tidy.
- Wash their hands frequently;
- Cough or sneeze into the crease of their elbow;
- Avoid visiting friends in hospital or a residential centre if they are ill;
- Respect precautions in healthcare facilities (isolation areas; signage; use of gown, gloves, and mask).