Every year, complications from the flu leave many vulnerable people at risk of hospitalization. This infection is caused by the influenza virus. Immunization is the most effective way for vulnerable people to prevent infection.
The Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre will be providing the flu vaccine as of November 3.
Vaccination is offered free of charge to:
- anyone aged 6 months and older who suffers from a chronic illness (including pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy);
- healthy pregnant women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester;
- people aged 75 years and over;
- informal caregivers and those living with people in the above-mentioned groups;
- people living with children who are less than 6 months old;
- health professionals.
Anyone in good health aged 6 to 23 months and 60 to 74 years who wants to be vaccinated will receive the vaccine free of charge.
The vaccination campaign will be held at different sites in the community. To consult the schedule, click here.
Thank you for protecting yourself and those around you from influenza.
Our clientele from facilities located outside the territory we serve – namely:
- Grace Dart Extended Care Centre
- Douglas Mental Health University Institute
- West Montreal Readaptation Centre (WMRC)
- Batshaw Youth and Family Centres
- St. Mary’s Hospital Center
should contact their CLSC or visit http://www.sante.gouv.qc.ca/en/ for all the information pertaining to vaccination sites across Quebec.
Please note that we are fully booked. We are actively working to add more appointments as soon as possible.
We encourage you to visit the ClicSanté.ca website regularly.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Due to the pandemic (COVID-19), the seasonal flu vaccine will now be available by appointment only. You can begin booking appointments on October 5 using the online CLIC SANTÉ platform.
Those who do not have Internet access can call 514-639-1822 to get some help.
SEASONAL FLU VACCINATION SITES ARE NOT COVID-19 TESTING SITES.
Furthermore, if you have symptoms resembling those of COVID-19, do not go to a seasonal flu vaccination site.
To locate the appropriate resource, see our Web page about testing or call 1-877-644-4545.